|Reports to||Service Manager|
The Maintenance Mechanic 3 is responsible the maintenance on aircraft, equipment, tooling and other resources needed to complete individual maintenance projects. Will coordinate with Service Manager and Avionics Manager on scheduling aircraft for maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft, aircraft systems and parts
- Prioritizes workflow on assigned jobs
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs and inspections in general aviation aircraft.
- Completes require paperwork and work order details before aircraft leaves.
- Update and maintain maintenance manuals, service bulletins, parts books and regulatory updates, and other technical directives
- Clean and maintain interior and exterior of aircraft
- Maintain upkeep of work area, materials and tools
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical/inspection issues, providing guidance and resolution of problems
- Performs other duties assigned by manager.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Possess A&P certification for at least five years.
- Possess Inspectors Authorization (IA).
- Advanced troubles shooting experience.
- 5 years’ supervisor experience.
- Must understand, read, and write English.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Consistently displays professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a larger group
- Good problem-solving skills with excellent follow-through
- Handles changes well with the ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service oriented
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer and copy machine.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as customer service skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Outlook and Office Suite
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Calm under pressure and thrives in fast-paced, high-volume environment while maintaining flexibility, accuracy, attention to detail and professional disposition
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to obtain Airport Issued security badge
- Valid Driver’s License
- Primarily indoors in a temperature-controlled environment (Office and Warehouse Environments)
- Occasional lifting and carrying to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in an office and hangar environment with moderate noise level; frequently subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
- Constantly requires clear vision to read printed materials and computer screen
- Constantly requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks
- Constantly requires clarity of speech and hearing, which permits the employee to communicate effectively