|Reports to||Avionics Manager|
Jackson Jet Center, a Boise-based Part 135/145 maintenance facility and FBO, is seeking a full-time AOG/Avionics Technician. Qualified candidates should be team and goal-oriented with three or more years of experience working in private and corporate aviation. Jackson Jet Center offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants can apply with a resume and letter of interest to Human.Resources @ Jackson Jet.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job duties vary by day, working independently and on projects as assigned:
•Performs drop in and scheduled functional testing, repair/maintenance, and inspection of aircraft electrical and avionics systems.
•Troubleshoot aircraft avionic or electrical related issues; Garmin systems, Collins Aerospace systems, and Honeywell systems experience STRONGLY PREFERRED.
•Perform 91.411/91.413 certifications on Pilatus PC12, Citation, Challenger, and other airframes.
•Install and update databases on aircraft to include Garmin G1000, G3000, GTN Series, Proline 21, and Honeywell APEX systems.
•Perform avionic testing and inspections required during annual or phase inspections.
•Test and troubleshoot instruments, components and assemblies using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters to determine performance and airworthiness.
•Complete associated paperwork for all work performed.
•Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic issues.
•Some Travel to other locations may be required.
•Assist & perform Avionics STC installations.
•Some overtime may occasionally be required.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Read technical manuals and instructions to gather required information.
- Create and use electrical schematics from various manufacturers.
- Use of specialty electronics test equipment and tools related to both aircraft maintenance and electronics.
- Professional communication and confident presentation skills.
- Avionics installations, troubleshooting, and maintenance including 91.411/91.413/91.207(d).
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time while being positive and approachable.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Consistently displays professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a larger group.
- Good problem-solving skills with excellent follow-through.
- Handles changes well with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer and copy machine.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as customer service skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Outlook and Office Suite.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Calm under pressure and thrives in fast-paced, high-volume environment while maintaining flexibility, accuracy, attention to detail and professional disposition.
- Strong customer communication skills.
- Strong preference to Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics.
- Strong preference to Inspection Authorization holders.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to obtain Airport Issued security badge
- Valid Driver’s License
- Primarily indoors in a temperature-controlled environment (Office and Warehouse Environments).
- Occasional lifting and carrying to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in an office and hangar environment with moderate noise level; frequently subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Constantly requires clear vision to read printed materials and computer screen.
- Constantly requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.
- Constantly requires clarity of speech and hearing, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.