Core Warranty Policy
Manufacturers have different policies regarding what is acceptable for core returns. Unless prior authorization is obtained in writing from Jackson Jet Center, all cores require “Like” for “Like” part numbers and must be received in repairable condition.
The customer will be responsible for all fees assessed by the manufacturer for substandard or unlike cores. All cores must be returned within 15 days of the original ship date. If you did not receive a Core label referencing the RMA number for the core return, please contact our Customer Service department for assistance.
Please include the following information along with the part Core submittal
- Aircraft model and serial number
- Registration number
- Hours on aircraft & date new part was installed
- Hours on aircraft & in-service date of part
- Logbook entries required (see warranty form under warranty and cores)
- Associated Tags
- Photos are sometimes required.
- Please reference the Return Authorization Number (RAN) or Authorized Return Goods (ARG) on all documentation inside and outside of the box.
- Enclose a copy of the invoice or packing slip.
- Insure the package for full value.
- Ship the package prepaid. C.O.D.’s will not be accepted.
Any unit being returned for core credit shall be in the same condition as removed from the engine and/or aircraft. Cores must be complete and cannot be disassembled. Units that are rusty, corroded, or cannot be overhauled for any reason, will be classified as scrap, having no value. A percentage of the core value will be deducted for all missing or damaged parts. At no time will the damaged or missing parts charge on any unit exceed the core value of that unit.