Welcome to Boise
If you have some extra time on your hands while in Boise for airplane maintenance, we have some recommendations to help make the most of your time in the City of Trees!
First, Boise is full of opportunity for day-trip adventures while having your aircraft serviced. The area’s economic drivers include Boise State University, Micron, Simplot and St. Luke’s Health System. The metro population is now over 700,000 strong and this gives us plenty of entertainment options.
Here are a few places of interest within a few miles of the Jackson Jet Center aircraft maintenance facility:
- The Old Idaho Penitentiary
- Discovery Center of Idaho
- Boise Art Museum
- Idaho State Museum
- Boise River Greenbelt
Boise also enjoys several large parks with family friendly playgrounds and beautiful hiking trails.
Whether you are in the mood to sit down and enjoy a meal or get something and hit the road, Boise has plenty of great dining options as well. Here are just a few close to Jackson Jet Center:
- Big Jud’s – World Famous Burgers (as seen on the Travel Channel’s Man vs Food)
- Rockie’s Diner – 50’s theme diner (also featured on Man vs Food)
- Flying Pie Pizza (you guessed it…also featured on Man vs Food)
- Chandlers Steakhouse – upscale dining
- Barbacoa – upscale/open fire grill
The list is literally endless as new restaurants open often in this town known for great food!
Outdoor activities include world-class white-water rafting, skiing, mountain biking, fishing, golf and more. Our city has plenty to do if you’re planning a Boise aircraft maintenance trip!